2. Enjoy the American Riviera.
Spend some time at the beach across the street and write the Great American Novel in one of the most beautiful places in the U.S.3. Learn how to pitch your book,
and then slyly or forcefully practice on the agents and editors
we have corralled for the wine and cheese party by the pool on Tuesday, June 7th.4. Sip late-night coffee and develop your voice in one of our 9 p.m. pirate workshops.
T. S. Eliot famously said, “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice.”
5. Begin a friendship to last a lifetime with someone who truly understands your passion. Ray Bradbury told us in 2008, “You learn writing by writing every day and by having good friends surrounding you who love you and love writing as much as you do."
And if that isn't enough to convince you to sign up today, here's a few more reasons to attend:
- Hear five talented and inspiring evening speakers including Rufi Thorpe whose newest book, Dear Fang, With Love got an Oprah nod.
- Attend dynamic and informative panels and afternoon speakers on topics ranging from how to market your book once published to how to navigate the sometimes rough road to publication.
- Join our afternoon poetry readings.
- Schedule 10-minute agent pitch sessions for only $25.
- Attend a pool-side wine and cheese party where you can chat visiting agents up about your project.