Dear Writers, Enter to win a tuition scholarship to the 42nd Annual Santa Barbara Writers Conference! Send us your BEST OPENING, up to 50 words — a beginning most likely to compel a reader to turn the page.
- Email all entries to: sbwcBestOpening@gmail.com
- Please include contact information: name, phone number, email address, & mailing address
- Paste your entry and contact information into the body of the email
- Word Count: Up to 50
- All genres welcome
- This must be your original work, published or unpublished
- Winner receives a tuition scholarship to the 42nd Annual Santa Barbara Writers Conference, June 7 to 12, 2014**
- No entry fee
- Open: Today!
- Deadline: Thursday, April 17, Midnight (PST)
- Winner Announced: Tuesday, April 22
Please share this opportunity with writers you know.
Write On! Nicole Starczak SBWC, Director
“I think your opening is enormously important. You’ve got to write a first line that will haunt you. It’s got to be magic.” – Dorothy Allison, author of Bastard Out of Carolina, and keynote speaker at SBWC 2012
**In the event that the winner cannot attend the 2014 SBWC, June 7 to 12, the scholarship will go to the runner up.