“Start clean and simple. Don’t try to write pretty or noble or big. Try to say just what you mean. This is hard because you have to find out what you mean, and that’s work, real work. (Gertrude Stein)”- Rebecca Robins
From Our Blog
Friday April 28, 2017[+]
An excerpt from the Santa Barbara Writers Conference Scrapbook by Armando Nieto, Mary Conrad, and Matt Pallamary: By the fifth year of the Santa Barbara Writers conference the cadre of workshop leaders continued to evolve. Gwen Davis (Kingdome Come, … Continue reading
Thursday April 27, 2017[+]
As an agent, Eric Myers has a strong affinity for young adult and middle grade fiction, as well as adult nonfiction, especially in the areas of history, biography, psychology, health and wellness, true crime, performing arts, and pop culture. He … Continue reading
Wednesday April 26, 2017[+]
BJ Robbins Literary Agency represents quality fiction, both literary and commercial and general nonfiction — mystery, suspense/thriller, biography, history, health, travel, sports, African-American, science, pop culture and memoir. She currently represents more nonfiction than fiction, but is open to any … Continue reading
Register today for the 2017 Conference
We look forward to seeing you June 18-23.
You can sign up today with credit card using our Online Registration Form.
You may register by mail by downloading the registration form (PDF) and submitting it with your check.
The full conference June 18-23, 2017 includes:
- 5 days of morning, afternoon, and late-night workshops
- One-on-one manuscript consultations
- 3 afternoon panels
- Opportunity to register for agent appointments with advanced submission of 5 pages.
- 7 afternoon/evening keynotes by well-known experts and authors
- Book signings and chances to meet author speakers
- Opening night banquet on Sunday, June 18
- Wine and cheese party Tuesday evening, June 20
- Awards banquet on Friday evening , June 23
- A week of networking, support and genuine camaraderie
No refunds will be given after June 1, 2017. Requests for refunds can be made by emailing: email@example.com. A $50 administrative fee will be charged for all refunds.
Or: Your payment may be transferred in full to a future year or to another attendee who has not yet paid, with no administration fee.