“Start clean and simple. Don’t try to write pretty or noble or big. Try to say just what you mean. This is hard because you have to find out what you mean, and that’s work, real work. (Gertrude Stein)”- Rebecca Robins
From Our Blog
Friday March 24, 2017[+]
An excerpt from the Santa Barbara Writers Conference Scrapbook by Armando Nieto, Mary Conrad, and Matt Pallamary: A short distance South of Santa Barbara, the 2nd Annual SBWC got underway with Ray Bradbury as Keynote Speaker, Kenneth Rexroth conducting a … Continue reading
Friday March 17, 2017[+]
An excerpt from the Santa Barbara Writers Conference Scrapbook by Armando Nieto, Mary Conrad, and Matt Pallamary: Held from June 22nd to June 29th, the first Santa Barbara Writers Conference featured Ray Bradbury (The Martian Chronicles, The Illustrated Man, Fahrenheit … Continue reading
Friday March 10, 2017[+]
An excerpt from the Santa Barbara Writers Conference Scrapbook by Armando Nieto, Mary Conrad, and Matt Pallamary: The following news clipping from May 31 1986 was published prior to the 14th annual Santa Barbara Writers Conference which took place from … Continue reading
Register today for the 2017 Conference
We look forward to seeing you June 18-23.
You can sign up today with credit card using our Online Registration Form.
You may register by mail by downloading the registration form (PDF) and submitting it with your check.
The full conference June 18-23, 2017 includes:
- 5 days of morning, afternoon, and late-night workshops
- One-on-one manuscript consultations
- 3 afternoon panels
- Opportunity to register for agent appointments with advanced submission of 5 pages.
- 7 afternoon/evening keynotes by well-known experts and authors
- Book signings and chances to meet author speakers
- Opening night banquet on Sunday, June 18
- Wine and cheese party Tuesday evening, June 20
- Awards banquet on Friday evening , June 23
- A week of networking, support and genuine camaraderie
No refunds will be given after June 1, 2017. Requests for refunds can be made by emailing: email@example.com. A $50 administrative fee will be charged for all refunds.
Or: Your payment may be transferred in full to a future year or to another attendee who has not yet paid, with no administration fee.